May 30, 2023
The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) will be launching a major new release of System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR) called SEDAR+. Orignally scheduled for release on June 13th, 2023, the CSA anounced on June 1st that the launch would be delayed until July 25th, 2023. This upgrade to the SEDAR system has been in the works for over a decade and will come with a number of significant changes to issuer profile data and filing data. Some of the 100+ new and updated data points in SEDAR+ include:
Some things to keep in mind with the launch of SEDAR+ according to the latest information provided by the CSA:
1. There will be 100+ new and updated data points contained within SEDAR+ issuer profiles and filings metadata. Avantis will provide access to all data points available in SEDAR+.
2. Many new filling and document types will be released while older types will no longer be available. Avantis will ensure full access to both old and new types and will provide appropriate links between them to ensure continuity.
3. SEDAR+ website will provide access to filings dating back 7 years to January 1, 2016. In order to access filings prior to 2016, SEDAR+ will provide a link to a separate website where these documents can be retrieved. Avantis will provide access to all SEDAR+ filings dating back to January 1, 2016, as well as the complete SEDAR filing history dating back to 1997.
4. There will be a 4-day transtion period between Friday July 21, 2023 to Monday July 24, 2023, where both the sedar.com website and the new SEDAR+ website (sedarplus.ca) will both be unavailble. The SEDAR+ website will go live on July 25th, 2023. Avantis will be available for search of historical SEDAR data for this entire transition period and will go live with SEDAR+ data on July 25th with no planned downtime.
What customers can expect from Avantis when SEDAR+ goes live:
1. Avantis will be fully compatible with the previous version of SEDAR while also supporting all the new features and data points of SEDAR+
2. Avantis customers will be able to access and search all securities filings and profile data dating back to 1997.
3. Transition of Avantis to SEDAR+ will be seamless. Customers will not have to do anything to accommodate for the launch of SEDAR+.
4. All saved searches and alerts will continue to work without modification.
If you would like to learn about how Avantis can assist you with the transition to SEDAR+ or with your research needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to book a live demo today.